1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to he angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep.
Lapfoxs (via bakrua)
this is literally one of the most absurd lists I have ever seen. sorry lapfoxs this is a bit meaningless and even harmful shit if i have ever seen it. some of these are relatively harmless but the list is for the most part upsetting for the following reasons:
1) how rich to assume people kill themselves because they think it’s beautiful or brave…? no???
2) I mean this one is harmless I guess but if I feel too shitty to do so I don’t want ppl telling me well you should.
3) okay this is fine but there are some aspects of this post shaming people who just feel TOO shitty to get up every day so how come it’s okay when you frame it this way?
4) first of all heteronormative but once you get past that - if someone made you feel shitty sometimes it’s healthy to drop them and openly feel anger towards them. you don’t have to love everyone right
5) This is one of those things meant to sound really cute but lacks substance can someone plz explain it to me?? the idea of passively drinking tea with your demons is kind of odd but I guess not widely that harmful??
8) wooow this one is probably one of the worst ones on this list. for so many reason. victim complexes are sometimes symptoms of mental illness and really who is anyone to police how you feel wronged by things? there’s certainly unhealthy situations in which dwelling on how wronged you feel is harmful but a lot of people can’t help their victim complex especially if it’s a result of depression or some mental disorder so how dare anyone sit here declaring they’re unattractive. the rest of the post is so odd and makes me really uncomfortable although i do acknowledge the danger of wanting someone to fix you or wanting to fix someone.
9) PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY CLINICALLY DEPRESSED/HAVE MENTAL DISORDERS DO NOT DO IT BECAUSE THEY THINK IT MAKES THEM COMPLEX. if anything depression helps facilitate the destruction of your relations with people and make you feel different types of terrible all of the time. this is so paternalistic and condescending and demonizes coping mechanisms. there are a hundred better ways to help people who can’t get out of bed and this does the very opposite. eating too much is lazy and disgusting? won’t even start with that. actually can’t.
10) this one is okay until it tells you to “pity unhappy people” like I can’t deal with the patronizing nature of this list - what does that even mean?? condescending!!! don’t!!! no!!!
the last three are okay but they’re literally just about sleeping so it’s really difficult to do any damage there.
either way - half of this is policing people who aren’t privileged enough to be in a stable mental configuration and the other half is declaring that you should do whatever you want to make you feel good and I understand that it was meant to be inspirational but a lot of it is just hurtful.